This article is about perfect digital marketing explanation. Digital marketing, sometimes known as data-directed marketing is a system, where some digital technologies are used for the marketing of products or services. There are various digital technologies which we can implement. We can use the Internet, mobile phones, display promoting, and any other digital medium. It is often exemplify as ‘internet marketing’, ‘online marketing’ or ‘web marketing’.
The practice of Digital promotion of products started since the 1990s. It was totally different from traditional product marketing. That time frame, common ways of marketing was TV channel advertisements or Newspaper advertisements.
But its popularity started to increase in the 2000s. Countries like USA, Italy, and UK started practicing Digital Marketing from the very beginning. As digital platforms are increasing rapidly, online marketing has become the most familiar phrase after the year 2013. Now a days people like to use their digital devices to buy products, and ease of their interest of visiting physical shops. As a result digital or online marketing is becoming decisive.
Focal Point of Digital Marketing
The main objective of internet marketing is to target the customer. So we have to go through some procedure. These are as follows:
- Analyzing: The main core of online marketing is the Internet. We can use the Internet to research the market. By doing that we can find out, what are the customers’ demands and what they want?
- Anticipating: One of the beauty of internet marketing is, customers can easily access information and make purchases after being satisfied with the information provided by the seller. So the information related to the product must be pin point and relevant.
- Satisfying: The main progress factor of any kind of marketing is customer satisfaction. This rule also goes for Digital Marketing. With the help of different digital channels, we can understand customers need and gain customer satisfaction.
Digital Marketing Importance in Business
In this modern era people have access to different kind of Digital media. So consumers can have the access to information at any time and at any place they want it. But there were those days when a buyer only got those messages, what a seller wanted them to know.
Digital media is a fast growing basis for entertainment, news, shopping and so on. Customers are now not only expose to what a company says about its brand, but also expose to what the media, friends, and news, are saying as well. And the truth is purchasers are more likely to believe those media than a brand. People want those brands that they can trust, and get offers related to their demands and desire.
Resources Related To Digital Marketing
Now we all know that Digital marketing is a process using some digital technology or media. But a part from digital technologies, we must have some resources to start practicing Digital Marketing. They are:
- Product or service related website.
- Correlative tools.
- Social media carrier (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.)
- Assets branding like logo, fonts and products.
- Online booklet and journal.
- Online coverage like social media and reviews.
Section of Digital Marketing
This method can become a huge hazard, if you are not able to understand which part of digital marketing is best for your product or business. It’s a very big platform and every section of it is like a seaway. It is very hard but not impossible to ace digital marketing.
To master digital marketing one has to understand and learn every section of it. And all the sections of digital marketing are:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing.
- Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing.
- E-mail marketing.
- Website Marketing.
- Content Marketing.
- Mobile marketing (SMS, MMS)
Challenges of Digital marketing
With the help of modern technology purchaser now a days can use multiple digital channels. There is a lot of variety in today’s devices. Moreover different devices use different code, specifications and interfaces. So it is very hard to keep track of every devices and its data.
Comparing with traditional marketing, digital medium is quite cheap. So no matter how small or big the business is anyone can advertise his product or service very easily. As a result the competition is even between brands and small commercial companies. And it is becoming very hard to get users engrossment.
One of the big challenges a digital marketer faces is the data, which a customer leave behind. The data volume is so huge that it is impossible to analysis every one of them. And the consequence is; it becomes very hard for a digital marketer to make the right decision.
People sometimes made mistake by separating digital marketing from marketing department. But the truth is; it is the modern formation of traditional marketing. And the sector is growing ever so fast. Moreover it requires definite set of skill to become successful in this sector.